The Stoneleaf

Observations from a yet another vantage point. About anything, that Matters!

Name:
Location: India

I am what I am, thats what I am!
Dreamer, Maverick, Socially Unacceptable!!

I...
I am the Ego, the ego supreme
I am Somnus, source of your dreams
I am the Sound, when silence screams
I am Everything, all that has been

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Escape...

When every additional moment on that back supporting grey cushioned chair becomes another eternity on a gas burner, stand up and escape. Look for a place on the internet, walk up to your colleague and ask him where to go. He will look at you incredulously, but you'll have to convince him on the gravity of the situation. Find out about that place, how is it, and how to go?
Book tickets. Yes, you would have got them a lot cheaper if you had taken time and planned it out. But think about the best moments of your life, and tell me how many of them had you factored in advance.
Having decided where and how, pack your bag. And keep it light. [But on a friendly note, do keep a sunscreen if you intend to go follow the sun, scaling skin is not a souvenir that you want from the trip].
And then go.
It only works this way, you act on a whim. And trust me it works; you realize that there is atleast one point worth being, that inspite of everything that goes wrong like a toppling queue of dominoes, this is not too much of a bad place. I did.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger jaijee said...

Act on a whim...get your backpack...set on an unplanned trip...take every moment as it comes and not as it should come....sound delicious on the taste buds of my grey cells...:-)

March 16, 2008 7:24 AM  
Blogger AakASH!!! said...

@Jaijee: It was delicious.

March 16, 2008 10:08 AM  
Blogger Anki said...

hmm..jayenge kabhi hum bhi

March 26, 2008 1:20 PM  
Blogger AakASH!!! said...

@Anki: Jao jao!

March 26, 2008 2:28 PM  
Blogger Beauty and the BEast said...

Sound impulsive. tempting yet impuslive!

March 30, 2008 10:46 AM  
Blogger Ravali said...

every morning i wake up and it on the bed to plan. then i do what you have done, i get ready, pack my bag ( note book, pencil, cell phone, wallet and keys ) of course the sunscreen and I chart my way through another day. everyday is living on the whim for me. I think i have been on a vacation for the past 7 years. I can't imagine how people work 8 hours a day in a rotating chair every day! I wasn't able to do it for 5 hours yesterday!

April 02, 2008 6:07 AM  
Blogger AakASH!!! said...

@Beauty and the Beast: and is it too bad?

@Sharyu: Actually longer hours. But also depends where you work.

April 05, 2008 12:24 PM  
Blogger AshenGlow said...

Exactly how my Mumbai trip happened... :)
Achanak..
And that was the best trip ever..
Though there are many Kerala trips in the kitty which were planned pretty well in advance and were as good if not better..
fir bhi.. the element called 'Achanak' is the icing on t he cake.. na?
Yumm.. i want cake now..

April 15, 2008 12:21 PM  
Blogger AakASH!!! said...

@Ashen Glow: Madam 'raakh si chamak' ji, yeh baat toh sahi kahi aapne. Achaanak ka koi jawaab nahin. :-)

April 28, 2008 10:36 AM  
Blogger My Unfinished Life said...

quite true!!!...been on impluse treavels a feww times..the recent being to Mcleodganj...it's always great for the body and mind!!!!

June 21, 2008 12:32 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

how r u Aakash? :)

Keshi.

September 22, 2008 12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok write a new one please.

November 03, 2008 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home