The Stoneleaf

Observations from a yet another vantage point. About anything, that Matters!

Name:
Location: India

I am what I am, thats what I am!
Dreamer, Maverick, Socially Unacceptable!!

I...
I am the Ego, the ego supreme
I am Somnus, source of your dreams
I am the Sound, when silence screams
I am Everything, all that has been

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Himesh, Emraan, Ganga and the Internet

Weird title, but when I try to capture 2 distinct events separated both in space and time within a single post, jarring aberrants are wont to occur. It is one of those sudden urges to write up and put it here, and luckily unlike 99.438% of the times when I do not have a laptop switched on, this time I have no excuse to not write (err type).
On my way back home this Thursday morning, having left Gurgaon and then Delhi all before 9:00am, and witnessing mobs waiting like swarming bees for any vehicle to take them home for Deewali. [Reminder to self: write on transportation problem later] And finding the FM channels go weak as the NCR fades away, I witnessed a sigh of relief on the drivers face as we had no other option but to listen to a CD which he had. And yes, it was Himesh. The squirm switched faces, the driver was as happy as I was while listening to classics on the morning FM earlier, while all I could do was feign an understanding (and sympathetic) smile.
The same guy, while Aashiq Banaaya Aapne was playing said, 'Yeh Emraan Hashmi ki film bahut sexy hoti hain![This guy, Emraan Hashmi's films are very sexy!]' And when I refused to comment on his wonderfully intelligent observation, he added, 'Bahut sex karta hai har film mein, hai na? [He does a lot of sex in every film, isnt it?]' I knew I had to respond otherwise a few more incriminating evidence against the guy would pile up and I'll have to listen like one of those HR sessions on caring organizations. So i said, 'hmmm kismat hai [yeah, lucky guy]'. But I guess that was another spark that he was waiting for, so I had to listen about his short stature, unworthy looks, and miniscule acting talent not coming in his way to "doing sex" with actresses aplenty.
Just when I was trying hard how to bring a braking halt to this conversation, he braked the car and reached out for the window on my side. Plop, went down a one rupee coin into thw waiting waters of Ganga. Before I could ask him would it not create a jam on the narrow bridge, i saw almost every vehicle stop and repeat a routine that I have witnessed so many times before. So here was a guy, who shaked his head to Himesh's dhin-chak beats, and lupine croons, who would halt his diatribe on Emraan's unworthy sexual success, to offer his respect (ok! ok! one rupee coin) to the holy Ganges. All I could think of was sadda-India! and a smile made its way through the conflicts that were playing a little while ago within my mind.
Cut to a vastly different world, which involes the far removed America and that too interspersed with Cyberspace. Today I read about how Internet changed the love life of a guy who spotted a girl on a subway in the Big Apple. Strange was the fact that I came across this snippet on the small adspace on top of the GMAIL inbox. Apparently this guy fell in love (yes at first sight) with a lady he saw in the train while coming back from work. they both boarded and deboarded at the same stations, but because of the crowds he lost her. Unfazed our hero, set up a website, gave a short description (which is nice and can be seen here at http://www.nygirlofmydreams.com/) of the girl and the train ride, and requested the readers to pass on the information about her at his email id and phone numbers. Within a short time his inbox was jammed with mails and his cell assumed a constant ring. The bottom line, he found the girl. Read the complete story here.
What I wonder is, will something similar work here in India? I for one, would definitely like to know more about some people that stick to the mind, just after a fleeting glance.
So that was the story for this edition guys. Till my laptop manages to be switched on, while I have this next writing urge, Stay Beautiful.
Hope all of you had a lovely Deewali. To those who were with their families and those who could not, I wish you all a great year ahead.

Labels: , , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Renovatio said...

I do have two rules when it comes to riding in my car. No Smoking, and No Himesh. Any other form of impure air is acceptable, as long as prior warning is given.

November 12, 2007 5:10 AM  
Blogger humbl devil said...

it's too difficult for indians to respond to such a request that this guy put up...if we try something like this we would be termed perverts...:D
even i wanted something like this...
http://devilz-abode.blogspot.com/2007/07/dil-goes-hmmm.html
;)

November 12, 2007 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love?At first sight?You kidding me or what?
Jokes apart,tell me...truthfully...do you actually believe people fall in love(or rise for that matter) in love like that? I cannot digest this.Infatuation...since when does it compensate for a pure thing like luaaave?? :)
Does that website give the details of what happens after say,the relationship sours....because of infinite reasons...
anyway too much of negativity...
You should thank the driver....and Emraan ...for giving you the food for ur blog post.
~Aindrila

November 12, 2007 9:46 AM  
Blogger AakASH!!! said...

@Renovatio: Okay "same pinch" time! :) And Himesh!!! I tell you.

@humbl Devil: Exactly, hum hindustaani *pon pon* hum hindustaani *pon pon* [sung like the old song, Chhodo kal Ki Baatein...].

@Aindrila: These days it is "love" that conpensates for Infatuation. :p
As for what happens after, apropos the website, the guy and the girl are in touch now. And they are waiting to see where it takes them :) #article padho, baba!#

November 12, 2007 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naah...aise articles parrne ka time kiske paas hai? :)
I like commenting randomly...yeah ...always been my problem!
~Aindrila

November 13, 2007 9:48 AM  
Blogger AakASH!!! said...

@Aindrila: Hmm waqt ki kami hai shaayad, kahaan jaata hai saara waqt?

November 14, 2007 10:25 AM  
Blogger mystic rose said...

to reveal more would void the book and possible movie deal..(am talking about the guy finds girl story).


enjoyed the rest of your well written post. enduring himesh.. is something i havent done. is he as bad as people say he is? possibly. but most music these days i cannot listen to past the first few seconds.

November 18, 2007 3:47 AM  
Blogger AakASH!!! said...

@Mystic: Not everyone has a book in them. :)

And I cnat say he is bad, because most of the guys LOVE his music. But i cant bear it for long.

November 19, 2007 3:36 PM  
Blogger mystic rose said...

I differ in that opinion, after all it is just an opinion.
Everyone does have a book in them.. only not everyone knows how to present it .. or more to the fact, popularise..publicise.
some things happen, some you make happen, and some you make up, for drama.

November 19, 2007 4:42 PM  
Blogger AakASH!!! said...

Subjective, said he.

And she shrugged her shoulders in a retired sigh.

(Fade out)

November 20, 2007 10:58 AM  
Blogger twilight said...

sucker for romance :P = me!

though I'm quite cynical about the first sight thing but that's simply personal experience talking...guess it works for some..

I remember dancing to Himesh's remixes... :) ... when one's kinda drunk, everything sounds good I guess!!!

November 20, 2007 11:46 AM  
Blogger AakASH!!! said...

@Twilight: Et tu! *shakes his head in feigned disappointment*

And agrees vehemently on the state of drunkenness. Cheers!

@Renovatio: You are still around? :p And i did not see Goal.

November 26, 2007 6:25 PM  
Blogger AshenGlow said...

Epidemic.. or so...

During my previous two projects, i was in punjab for four good weeks. Guess who's on the top chartbusters amidst the hard core punjabi jat drivers... Himessss...
Mind you, they dont even understand Hindi fully...

And lo.. for four weeks moi was listening to the gujju croon.. or moo... or whatever he does...

I used to hop out of the cabs happily ... getting tanned in the scorching sun was better than a nervous breakdown.

December 10, 2007 4:21 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

if ur in my car, plz leave ur rotten ciggies out. :) And be warned, no smells plz LOL!

Keshi.

December 13, 2007 8:08 AM  
Blogger Renovatio said...

Then my work here is done. Now you update.

December 16, 2007 5:10 AM  
Blogger My Unfinished Life said...

We are Indians..we do not have sex!!!!..but yeah we do have the second highest population in the world....!!!
nice read!!!

January 02, 2008 12:12 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

where r ya?

Keshi.

January 07, 2008 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home