The Stoneleaf

Observations from a yet another vantage point. About anything, that Matters!

Name:
Location: India

I am what I am, thats what I am!
Dreamer, Maverick, Socially Unacceptable!!

I...
I am the Ego, the ego supreme
I am Somnus, source of your dreams
I am the Sound, when silence screams
I am Everything, all that has been

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Why the Stone Leaf?

This is the first question that i thought needs to be answered before getting down into the nitty-gritties of this yet-another-blog.

The debate about the responsibilty of the blog and their respective bloggers towards the fading art of journalism is being mooted in innumerable newspapers, magazines and yes blogs. This debate and the countless opinions that are party to it, is a portent to the power that this medium holds. And the long way that the blog revolution is slated to go.

August 1999, Evan Williams dreamt a dream, and today millions of blogs are living testimony to it. There are hopes dreams visions and critiques that are being served to myriad palettes, one can choose whatever one likes. In an age where the art of journalism has metamorphed into th business of journalism, with 5 seconds of fame and even lesser attention spans; blogs give a medium for people with the real stories to reach out and touch the horizons of those who care to notice.

It was another of these blogs that caught my attention today and this proved to be the last word in the drama that had been going on and on inside my mind. Are blogs just a means of creative expression or can it really be more than that? I do not know for sure, but i think its the journey that will take me to my destination, and then i'll know what it is. So heres my blog that is an eye to whats going around, through my eyes.

And about Stone Leaf, after trying so many names for the blog; starting with the 'web of our life', to 'the crucible', to various combinants of them, i looked upon my mess-table and there i have a tree with leaves made of multicolored stone. It is a tree, the leafes just do not serve the purpose that they can. They have mutated into being something else, yet by this very property they remain the same with time, unchanging, constant. Neither living, nor dying; yet watching everything, like only a stone leaf can.

9 Comments:

Blogger AakASH!!! said...

does that mean that all the rest i write is ekdam unmeaningful...:D?

But i shall try... Thanks for coming over. :-)

August 23, 2005 10:30 AM  
Blogger AakASH!!! said...

actualy thats the pic i wanted to put in the title bar, the fossilized leaf, but abhi i have left it to procrastination devta!

August 23, 2005 10:31 AM  
Blogger AakASH!!! said...

We'll try...

August 24, 2005 2:45 AM  
Blogger AakASH!!! said...

I know blokes... abhi itna bhi stupid moron nahin hua huun.. theres still plent yof time till i get wasted that much.... :P

What paper? I wd love to read that...

August 24, 2005 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the colour...its good.

August 24, 2005 3:58 PM  
Blogger AakASH!!! said...

It should have been more than that vishu...

But alas..

August 24, 2005 10:05 PM  
Blogger AakASH!!! said...

I can still read that, i am not averse to it blokes...:D

August 26, 2005 2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another good blog! Will visit often.Update me on this one okay. Do not intend being on the net much now, so....

August 28, 2005 3:45 AM  
Blogger AakASH!!! said...

And why is that JW...? We need you!

August 28, 2005 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home